Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated, detail oriented and engaging individual to perform work in the trades of carpentry, electrical, masonry, plumbing in the ongoing maintenance of Wildwood’s buildings, grounds, and other facilities Wildwood Programs is a proud provider of educational, residential, employment, and other community-based supports to people with disabilities.
This Full-Time position is benefits eligible and pay rates start at $16.00 per hour with a Monday- Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm schedule
- Maintain scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to: H.V.A.C., electrical, plumbing and landscape needs
- Perform general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, masonry, painting and equipment repair
- Respond to maintenance requests from all programs and Wildwood facilities
- Maintain positive communications with local fire marshal, building inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the agency
- Assists in preparing estimates for repair or improvements of facilities
- Provides own hand and small power tools as required to perform daily tasks
- Maintains SDSs records
- Assures safety in work practices and use of PPE
- Certificate in the trades from college or technical school and five years experience; or six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience must include:
- Knowledge of general principles and minor Electrical repair;
- H.V.A.C systems
- Carpentry with knowledge of rough building frame construction and finish work such as molding and dry wall, plaster and wainscoting installation.
- Residential and commercial plumbing experience with ability to repair copper, PVC, pex and cast iron pipe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Acts as lead employee on a work team for projects. Performs more complex task than other team members.
- Reliable attendance and willingness to learn
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- Valid New York State Driver’s License
Why you should join us:
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, flex sending, a comprehensive wellness program, paid time off, paid training, education tuition assistance, scholarships, employee discounts and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
That’s just a few, check out our Benefits & Perks at https://www.wildwoodprograms.org/index.php/jobs
We are passionate about helping individuals lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and significant impact in the lives of others. It is our goal to improve the lives of all members of the Wildwood Family.
How we make a difference:
We envision a world that embraces a fundamental respect for ALL individual, their strengths, their uniqueness, their creativity and the infinite diversity that we each represent.
Our employees make this possible through their dedication and enthusiasm. We are on a Mission to empower and enable both children and adults with neurologically-based learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disorders to lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives, while integrating our values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity and Holism to get it done!