Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote independence, self-esteem and social integration in a Community environment. Wildwood Programs is a proud provider of educational, residential, employment, and other community-based supports to people with disabilities and we are looking for someone dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives.
Our Day Services program provides individuals the opportunity to participate in a variety of group activities throughout the day. Through these various activities individuals develop independence, self-esteem and social integration as active members in their own communities. By adapting our Day Services activities to each individual's goals, we are able to focus on unique individual outcomes. Our staff members take an active role in helping individuals access community activities that inspire growth through experiential opportunities.
Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our individuals in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and possess a strong desire to help others.
This Full-Time position is benefits eligible and pay rates start at $13.20 per hour with a schedule of Monday-Friday 8:00am- 4:00pm
What are the job duties:
Primary duties of a DSP are to assist with 7 areas of personal development and care:
- Put People First:
- Support individual potential and get to know the people we support, be engaged!
- Promote advocacy, individual rights and responsibilities
- Facilitate personal development, supports and services
- Build and Maintain Positive Relationships:
- Create meaningful communication to establish collaborative relationships, trust and empathy
- Be A Professional:
- Develop professional relationships with respect to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate professional behavior and qualities of professional demeanor, punctuality, attendance, reliability and pleasantness
- Create meaningful documentation by maintaining accurate, descriptive and timely reporting
- Participate in education, training, self-development and growth
- Exhibit ethical behavior, possess characteristics of integrity, honesty and trustworthiness
- Promote positive behavior and support holistic health and wellness
- Prevent, recognize and report abuse
- Understand individual’s medical, physical and psychological needs
- Support crisis prevention, intervention and resolution
- Ensure safety at all times and during environmental emergencies
- Home Life:
- Engage in leisure and social activities, hobbies and interests
- Get into The Community:
- Support community participation, employment, educational and career goals of the individual
Why you should join us:
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, flex sending, a comprehensive wellness program, paid time off, paid training, education tuition assistance, scholarships, employee discounts and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
That’s just a few, check out our Benefits & Perks at https://www.wildwoodprograms.org/index.php/jobs
We are passionate about helping individuals lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and significant impact in the lives of others. It is our goal to improve the lives of all members of the Wildwood Family.
How we make a difference:
We envision a world that embraces a fundamental respect for ALL individual, their strengths, their uniqueness, their creativity and the infinite diversity that we each represent.
Our employees make this possible through their dedication and enthusiasm. We are on a Mission to empower and enable both children and adults with neurologically-based learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disorders to lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives, while integrating our values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity and Holism to get it done!
- Promote Physical and Emotional Well-Being: Commit to promote the emotional, physical, and personal well-being of the individual supported. Encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of those receiving support while being attentive and energetic in reducing the risk of harm
- Integrity and Responsibility: Support the mission and vitality of the profession to assist individual in leading self-directed lives and to foster a spirit of partnership with the individuals, other professionals, and the community
- Confidentiality: Safeguard and respect the confidentiality and privacy of individuals
- Justice, Fairness and Equity: Affirm the human rights as well as the civil rights and responsibilities of individuals. Promote and practice justice, fairness, and equity for all
- Respect: Respect the human dignity and uniqueness of individuals. Recognize each individual as valuable and promote their value, interests and needs
- Relationships: Assist individuals to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Self-Determination: Assist individuals to direct the course of their own lives
- Advocacy: Advocate with individuals for justice, inclusion, and full community participation
- A valid NYS license and clean driving record are required as you will be responsible to drive individuals to appointments and activities
- Reliable transportation, attendance and willingness to learn
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)