Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote independence, self-esteem and social integration by providing transportation services to the individuals we serve. Wildwood Programs is a proud provider of educational, residential, employment, and other community-based supports to people with disabilities and we are looking for someone dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives.
The primary responsibilities of a Wildwood Bus Driver are to ensure the safety and well-being of individuals during transportation to and from day habilitation and/or vocational programs. The Bus Driver also ensures the bus is clean and in proper working condition at all times and is responsible for maintaining all required documentation.
Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with individuals in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and possess a strong desire to help others.
*Paid CDL Training for the Right Candidate!!!
This Full-Time position is benefits eligible with a Monday-Friday, year-round schedule that included morning/afternoon split shift.
- Provide transportation for individuals with developmental disabilities by operating safely and courteously.
- Operate various types of vans and buses through heavy or light traffic in cities and highways.
- Drive in all conditions and follow all rules and regulations.
- Must have a valid NYS Driving License is required, CDL w/ Passenger endorsement HIGHLY preferred
- Must meet 19A NYS DMV Requirements
- A valid NYS license and clean driving record are required as you will be responsible to drive individuals to appointments and activities
- Reliable attendance and willingness to learn
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- First-Aid and CPR certification or eligibility for certification.
- SCIP-R certification based on program need.
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)