Who we are looking for:
We are looking for caring, compassionate and engaging individuals to help promote students in their academic, social, communication, self-care, health, and physical growth.
Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to interact with our students in a positive encouraging way, demonstrate a professional demeanor, patience, empathy and a positive attitude while possessing a strong desire to help others. Problem solving skills and commitment to the team is required.
What are the job duties:
- Contributes to and plans lessons in conjunction with the designated curriculum framework
- Works as a part of an inter-disciplinary team to meet each learner's individual needs
- Collaborates with parents, administrators, language therapists, social workers, behavior specialists and others to develop individual educational programs for students.
- Instructs students in all academic subjects.
- Creates learning materials geared to each student's ability and interest, analyzes data and uses it to ensure growth of student
- Trains, supports and supervises teaching assistants within the classroom and community setting
- Conducts Functional Behavior Assessments and develops Behavior Support plans in conjunction with the Behavior Support Team
- Develops and implements data collection systems for academic and behavior support, administers assessments as needed
- Works with students to increase motivation, provides consistent reinforcement to learning, continuous assessment of level of functioning, and continuous feedback to student for all learning activities.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises up to 5 teaching assistants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Why you should join us:
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, flex sending, a comprehensive wellness program, paid time off, paid training, education tuition assistance, scholarships, employee discounts and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
That’s just a few, check out our Benefits & Perks at https://www.wildwoodprograms.org/index.php/jobs
We are passionate about helping students lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and significant impact in the lives of others. It is our goal to improve the lives of all members of the Wildwood Family.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university preferred; OR Bachelors degree and four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NYS Special Education Teachers Certification
- Required to complete, pass, and use CALM training, provided by the school, which includes de-escalation strategies and approved protective holds and movements for students
- A valid NYS license and clean driving record are required as you will be responsible to drive students to activities
- Reliable transportation, attendance and willingness to learn
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification